16 Former Virginia GOP Elected Officials Endorse Sen. Mark Warner
ALEXANDRIA – Senator Warner’s re-election campaign today announced 16 former Virginia Republican elected officials who have endorsed U.S. Sen. Mark R. Warner (D-VA) for his 2014 re-election bid. This follows former U.S. Senator John Warner’s endorsement in January. These GOP elected officials have collectively served the Commonwealth for 312 years and for many, this is their first time endorsing a Democrat for statewide office. Please see the full list below.
“Since no one party has a monopoly on good ideas, I have made it my priority to work across party lines to get real reforms accomplished for Virginians,” said Senator Mark Warner. “We must work together so that we can get our fiscal house in order, provide an affordable quality education and ensure that all Virginians have their fair shot at success.”
The Republicans announcing support for Senator Warner are:
- John Warner – Former Republican U.S. Senator; Served 30 Years in the U.S. Senate; Alexandria.
- Vince Callahan – Longest-serving Republican in the Virginia House of Delegates; House Appropriations Committee Chairman; Served 40 Years in the House; McLean.
- Katherine Waddell – Former Independent Delegate; Served 2 Years in the House; Richmond.
- Brandon Bell – Former Republican State Senator; Served 8 Years in the Senate; Roanoke.
- Bob Bloxom – Former Republican Delegate and the First Secretary of Agriculture and Forestry; Served 26 Years in the House; Mappsville.
- Preston Bryant – Former Republican Delegate and Secretary of Natural Resources; Served 10 Years in the House; Lynchburg.
- John Chichester – Former Republican State Senator; Senate Finance Committee Chairman; Served 40 Years in the Senate; Reedville.
- Panny Rhodes – Former Republican Delegate; Served 10 Years in the House; Richmond.
- Jim Dillard – Former Republican Delegate; House Education Committee Chairman and House Appropriations Natural Resources Subcommittee Chairman; Served 32 Years in the House; Fairfax.
- Linwood Holton – Former Republican Governor; Served 4 Year Term; Richmond.
- Clint Miller – Former Republican Delegate; Served 24 Years in the House; Woodstock.
- Russ Potts – Former Republican State Senator; Senate Education and Health Committee Chairman; Served 16 Years in the Senate; Winchester.
- Fred Quayle – Former Republican State Senator; Senate Local Government Committee Chairman; Served 20 Years in the Senate; Suffolk.
- Jack Rollison – Former Republican Delegate; House Transportation Committee Chairman; Served 18 Years in the House; Woodbridge.
- Bob Tata – Former Republican Delegate, House Education Committee Chairman; Served 28 Years in the House; Virginia Beach.
- Ed Robb – Former Republican State Senator and Sheriff; Served 4 Years in the Senate; Albemarle.
Sen. Warner, a successful Virginia business leader and entrepreneur, served as Governor of Virginia between 2002-06. During his four-year term as Governor, the Warner Administration attracted nearly 130,000 new jobs to the Commonwealth, and Virginia was honored as the country’s Best Managed State, the Best State for Business, and the Best State for Educational Opportunities.
Elected to the U.S. Senate during the 2008 recession, Sen. Warner had a key role in successfully enacting bipartisan Wall Street reforms. Widely viewed as a consensus-builder in Congress, Sen. Warner has worked for greater fiscal accountability, and he is a bipartisan leader in promoting innovation and greater economic opportunity. Sen. Warner is a champion for Virginia’s small businesses, and a strong advocate for Virginia’s military men and women, our veterans and their families.