FRIENDS OF MARK WARNER “LUNCH WITH MARK AND TIM” CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
Important: Please read these Official Rules before entering this online promotion (the “Promotion”).
By participating in the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION.
1. Eligibility. PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTION WILL NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. PROMOTION VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. PROMOTION OPEN ONLY TO INDIVIDUAL UNITED STATES CITIZENS AND LAWFUL PERMANENT U.S. RESIDENTS WHO ARE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES, THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND PUERTO RICO, AND OVER THE AGE OF 18 (OR THE AGE OF MAJORITY UNDER APPLICABLE LAW). BUSINESSES, CORPORATIONS, NATIONAL BANKS, FEDERAL CONTRACTORS, LABOR ORGANIZATIONS OR OTHER ENTITIES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE, NOR MAY ANY INDIVIDUAL ENTER ON BEHALF OF ANY SUCH INDIVIDUALS OR ENTITIES. IF YOU DO NOT MEET ANY OF THESE REQUIREMENTS, OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE, AND FRIENDS OF MARK WARNER (“SPONSOR”) RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO AWARD PRIZES TO YOU. To be eligible to win the prize, entries must be completed and received by Sponsor in the format designated below. Directors, officers and employees of Sponsor and any of their respective affiliated committees, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, consultants, advertising and promotional agencies, and immediate families of each are not eligible to win any prizes. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Limit 1 entry per person per calendar day.
2. Disclaimer. Sponsor, and its related committees, candidates, affiliates, directors, officers, consultants, professional advisors, employees and agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Promotion disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor or by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion.
3. Promotion Period. The Promotion starts at 12:00 a.m. (all times Eastern Time) on May 14, 2014 and ends at 11:59 p.m. on June 15, 2014 (the “Promotion Period”). All entries must be received during the Promotion Period to be eligible to win a prize.
4. Prizes. One (1) winner will receive the following prize (the “Trip”):
- Two (2) round-trip coach-class airplane tickets from a major airport closest to winner’s address within the continental U.S. to a destination to be determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion (“Destination”);
- Hotel accommodations for two (2) at a hotel near the Destination to be determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion in a double-occupancy room or room of equivalent value; and
- Two (2) tickets to Sponsor’s event with Senator Tim Kaine, Senator Mark Warner and other supporters of Sponsor, at a time and location to be determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion.
Approximate retail value of the entire Trip: $2,500.
Sponsor will choose, in its sole discretion, the airline, hotel, flight dates, flight times, departure city and airport and other Trip logistics and details. Dates of travel are subject to availability. If winner’s address is within 100 miles of the Destination, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, provide ground transportation to the Trip hotel or events in lieu of an airplane ticket. Except as expressly set forth in the description of the Trip above, winner is responsible for ground transportation to and from the airports and hotel, all meals and all other expenses that such winner and his/her guest incur in connection with the Trip. Sponsor will determine, in its sole discretion, the attendees and all other relevant details of the Trip.
5. Odds; Taxes; Etc. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number and quality of eligible entries received. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF WINNER. All prizes will be awarded. The prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternative winner if the winner affidavit and release materials (see Sections 11 and 12 below) are not returned as required or if two (2) attempts to contact winner by phone and/or e-mail are not successful, or if any prize is otherwise not claimed. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of any prizes will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any prize. Limit one prize per household or address. All prizes are awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
6. Identity of Entrant. In the event of a dispute about the identity of the entrant, entries made online will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. An authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
7. How to Enter. To enter, take the following steps during the Promotion Period:
- Free Online Entry Method: To enter via the free online entry method, visit markwarnerva.com/lunch and complete and submit an online entry form during the Promotion Period.
- Contribution Method: We are asking for a donation of up to $2,600 from individuals per election to Friends of Mark Warner. Contributions in any amount from corporations, labor organizations, national banks, federal contractors, and foreign nationals are prohibited. To enter by contributing money to Sponsor, complete and submit the contribution form at markwarnerva.com/mark-and-tim during the Promotion Period. No minimum contribution is necessary to enter. Entering via the contribution method will not increase your chances of winning the Lunch.
8. Promotion Rules. The winner will be determined by a random drawing from all eligible entries to be held at the Friends of Mark Warner headquarters on June 16, 2014. The potential winner will be notified by phone or email by June 16, 2014. To claim the Trip, the potential winner must follow the instructions contained in his/her notification.
9. Federal Election Campaign Act Compliance. You hereby represent and warrant that all equipment, materials and facilities used to enter the Promotion are owned by you and were not provided by a corporation, labor union, foreign national or federal contractor.
10. General Release. By entering the Promotion, you release Sponsor and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Promotion or Lunch or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
11. Use of Winner Name, Likeness, etc. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Promotion constitutes permission to use each winner’s name, hometown, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, each winner may be required to execute a consent to the use of his or her name, hometown, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation.
12. Affidavit & Release; Background Security Check. As a condition of being awarded any prize, the winner may be required to execute and deliver to Sponsor a signed affidavit of eligibility and acceptance of these Official Rules and release of liability, and any other legal, regulatory, or tax-related documents required by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor may, at its option, conduct a background check on each potential winner and each potential guest. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any person from receiving any prize, or attending the event as a guest, based on such background check if Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that awarding any prize to such potential winner, or allowing the attendance of such potential guest, could result in a safety or security risk to any person or persons or could result in the disruption of any event associated with the Promotion.
13. Winner List; Rules Request. For a copy of the winner list, visit markwarnerva.com or send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope after June 16, 2014 and before June 16, 2015. Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: “Lunch with Mark and Tim” Winner List. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, visit markwarnerva.com/mark-and-tim-rules or send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: “Lunch with Mark and Tim” Rules Request. Residents of VT may omit return postage.
14. Intellectual Property Notice. The Promotion and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2014 by Friends of Mark Warner. All rights reserved.
15. Miscellaneous. The Promotion and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of Virginia, U.S.A. without regard to its or any other jurisdiction’s choice of law provisions. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Promotion or any entrant’s participation in the Promotion should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion, or Sponsor otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Promotion as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Promotion, tamper with the operation of the Promotion or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Promotion or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Promotion. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Promotion, please e-mail them to email@example.com or send written questions to the address listed below, Attn: “Lunch with Mark and Tim” Questions.
16. Sponsor: Friends of Mark Warner, 2034 Eisenhower Ave, Suite 232, Alexandria, VA 22314.